See complete list of events below. Sunday we rally to protect Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act. Not only are these programs essential to many of our members and retirees health, many of our members' jobs are related to these critical programs.
Yesterday, just in time for MLK weekend, New Mexico Federation of Labor applauded President Obama for creating three new National Monuments in Alabama and South Carolina which celebrating the Civil Rights Movement. Read more about this historic action click here: #MonumentsForALL
MLK Weekend EVENTS
- Saturday, January 14 @ 10 a.m March and Commemoration Ceremony: March route begins at the NE corner of University Blvd. & Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. in Albuquerque. Ends across the bridge at 1 Civic Plaza. For Information call: 505-222-6466
- Sunday, January 15 @ 1 p.m.: Rally to save Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act at UNM Hospital (in front on Lomas Blvd. just east of Yale Blvd.)
- Monday, January 17 @ 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Dr. MLK Multicultural Council Celebration. Free Admission **Ethnic Attire Encouraged** Keynote Speaker: Rabbi Stephen Lewis Fuchs. Join in honoring Ms. Michelle Gonzales, Wings for L.I.F.E. International, and Former United Stated Senator Jeff Bingaman.
Location: Congregation Albert, 3800 Louisiana Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM
- Belen, Sunday, January 15 @ 10:45 a.m.: Rally to save Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act at 231 N. Main St.
- Sunday, January 15 @ 2:00 p.m.: MLK March. The Doña Ana County NAACP presents the Annual MLK March. Meet in front of City Hall at 2:00 PM. Las Cruces City Hall, 700 N. Main St., Las Cruces, NM
- Sunday, January 15 @ 2:00 p.m.: Rally to save Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act at Unitarian-Universalist Church, 107 W. Barcelona Rd., Santa Fe
- Monday, January 16 @ 2:00 p.m.: "Witness for the People" rally and state of the state for people of Faith and Conscience at the Roundhouse Rotunda (Paseo de Peralta between Old Santa Fe Trail and Don Gaspar)